I think you'll agree with me when I say digital marketing -- and all its sub-categories, including SEO, social media, content creation, email, and more -- is critical for any company's growth in 2020.
With over four billion internet users globally, and more than 3.4 billion active social media users, it stands to reason digital marketing is vital for reaching a larger audience than you could through traditional methods alone.
Additionally, digital marketing can help you better engage prospects, turn prospects into leads, and ultimately convert leads into loyal, delighted customers.
However, embarking on a digital marketing journey, particularly as a start-up or smaller company with limited online presence, can be both overwhelming and frustrating at times.
To help inspire your marketing team and kick-start your 2020 digital marketing strategy, here is a list of digital marketing tips, that will help you create your own digital marketing strategy:
1. Know your customer.
2. Match your content to every stage of a buyer's journey.
3. Don't just write about your products or services.
4. Focus on the long-term.
5. Incorporate SEO into your overall content strategy.
6. Understand the big picture when analyzing an advertisement's performance.
7. Remain flexible as audience preferences shift.
8. Remain consistent in design when launching a campaign.
9. Become a growth leader for your company.
10. Personalize your content.
11.Try new things.
12. Don't underestimate back-links