Search

10x Your Business in 2020 With These Digital Marketing Secrets

Updated: May 31




No matter if you’re just getting started with your business or you’ve been going for years, everyone is feeling the heat from growing competition.


If you’ve stepped foot on Facebook or Instagram recently, you know how many get-rich-quick marketing “gurus” are out there trying to claim they have the best-kept secret of marketing to finally make moves with your business.


Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a single action that can grow your brand overnight. These things take time.


Marketing “hacks” are nothing but a buzzword, so don’t lose sight of what’s most important with your brand. As long as you’re true to your message and your customers, the right audience will come naturally.


Marketing is a marathon, not a spring

This list of 4 hidden secrets for digital marketing will not only boost your brand but build better relationships with your audience. A win/win all around.


1. Engage Using the 80/20 Role

This type of engagement speaks volumes for your audience, and they want to hear from you in ways that don’t involve self-promotion. A good rule of thumb is the 80/20 rule. This started as a rule for bloggers promoting themselves on social media, but it’s applicable to any business.


Basically, you should only promote your business and your own content 20% of the time. The other 80% is all for interacting with other brands, customers, and content.


2. Video Marketing

Video marketing is the new content marketing. While text was king a few years ago, it’s all about video today. If you’ve checked social media recently, you’ll see how many videos are going viral and getting attention.


Why are videos so successful? First, they literally stop users in their tracks. They’re more eye-catching than pictures, and they’re easy to watch on the go. Next, they let users interact with your company face-to-face. Showing your best stories, products, and services in an interesting way is sure to attract the right attention.


3. Clear Calls to Actions

If you have a landing page that isn’t converting, you should look at your CTAs. People need clear actions to make decisions. What goes into an influential CTA? Use actionable verbs and phrases.


Try not be too wordy, and know where to place your CTAs. Never use more than one on the same page. Finally, consider the sales funnel. Maybe having a “Buy now” CTA on the home page isn’t the best plan, but a “Sign up for our newsletter” is more effective.


4. Tell a Story

We think in stories, and these are the connections that cause us to buy new things.


If your brand doesn’t tell a compelling story, nobody will buy from you

As much as we think we’re all logical shoppers, science tells us otherwise. We shop with our emotions. What emotions are you pulling in your audience?


Are you an eco-friendly brand with a global reach? Are you a rags-to-riches startup that makes life easier? Grab your story and don’t let it go.



Final Thoughts

Marketing isn’t rocket science. Much of it comes down to people and how you interact with others. Your brand needs to relate on a deeper level to those you’re trying to attract.




GrowaholicLab is a data-driven growth hacking agency that helps you carry your business forward across the different stages of a product lifecycle by fully utilizing the secrets and tricks of digital marketing.

33 views
 

©2020 by Growaholic Lab.